Wednesday, April 24, 2019
5 Things I loved about Colel by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff
This book contains foul language, gratuitous sex against a truck, outrageously rude immortal
warriors in leather pants, snow, pigheaded gods, a sexually frustrated goddess, a very hot and
hunky florist guy with a bad attitude and a big secret, Brutus bubble baths, a sneaky invisible
unicorn, unrequited love, bees, bees, and more bees, and chocolates.
SOMETIMES LOVE BITES AND SOMETIMES IT
Colel, the Goddess of Bees, has been looking for Mr. Right for over seventy
thousand years. So when she meets the hunky owner of a small-town flower shop
and explodes with flutters and tingles, she’s almost certain that he’s the one.
Only two problems: her tiny black-and-yellow army suddenly won’t let her
anywhere near him, and…is that a freaking epinephrine pen in the fridge? “Dear
gods! He’s allergic to bees? Say it isn’t so.”
If simply dating the guy will kill him, how will she ever know for sure if he’s really
Colel has a solution, but it’s drastic. Even for her. And what if he says no?
I have said this before and I will keep right on saying it.....I LOVE Mimi Jean's style of writing. She is consistently funny and inventive. I mean, what more could a reader want? Colel is technically book #5 in the Immortal Matchmakers series ( I highly recommend you read all of the them.) but it can be read as a standalone book. I don't want to give away any spoilers so I will just list the 5 things I loved MOST about this book.
1. Minky- An UnBeeLievably angry, lusty, invisible unicorn...
2. The warning at the beginning of the book had me cracking up before I even got to the first page of chapter 1.
3. Rhys- Super hunky alpha with a secret.
4. Colel- Mistress of the Bees ( who have quite the sense of humor I might add) and overall hot mess. She takes the definition of celibate to a whole new level. She may be my favorite Goddess in this series.
5. Vampires, Mermen, Gods, Goddesses, Warriors, bubble baths, and some steamy "adult" time. ( So maybe there are more than 5 things I liked)
I have yet to read anything by this author that is less than awesome. 5 stars all the way. You should totally stalk her on all her social media channels. You won't be sorry!
Author Social Links: